Planned Giving and Bequests
You can help ensure a bright and strong future for Asbury Woods by remembering Asbury Woods in your estate planning.
The Otto Behrend Legacy Society
A legacy of environmental education and awareness links the first Asbury Woods donor — Otto Behrend — with thousands of Asbury Woods supporters who carry on the tradition of one of the region’s most respected environmental education and outdoor recreation organizations.
Asbury Woods is fortunate to have dedicated benefactors supporting its mission, including many who have chosen to secure its future through planned gifts. These generous visionaries have turned their values into action.
Honoring Your Support for Asbury Woods
To express our appreciation for this committed group of donors who have remembered Asbury Woods in their estate plan, we established the Otto Behrend Legacy Society. Members of this special group share the common bond of philanthropy and vision of offering environmental education and outdoor recreational experiences to future generations. We invite you to join with other committed philanthropists who share your passion.
Membership in the Legacy Society
You can show your personal values and set an example for others by remembering Asbury Woods in your will, trust or other planned gift. No gift has a more lasting impact. A planned gift also offers you many potential advantages, including federal estate tax savings, the elimination or reduction of capital gains taxes and the opportunity to increase spendable income.
Benefits and Recognition
Asbury Woods honors every planned gift donor with membership in the Otto Behrend Legacy Society. As a member, you will enjoy:
- The satisfaction of making a gift that will ensure the future is a place where respect and appreciation for natural places is a deeply held value.
- The Otto Behrend Legacy Society members have the opportunity to engage with Asbury Woods on a deeper level and are invited to all major donor events and communications.
- The opportunity, if you agree, for your gift to be publicly recognized.
- The option, if you prefer, to give anonymously.
Making Your Gift to Asbury Woods If you have already arranged for a bequest or other planned gift, we would like to honor your support. Please let us know by calling Carissa Snarski, Director of Development and Marketing, at (814) 836-6179 or email@example.com. If you are still considering such a gift, please let us know your intentions so we can help you and your advisors complete your gift in a way that benefits your estate and makes clear your intention to help Asbury Woods.
Meet some of our Otto Behrend Legacy Society members:
- Andrew J. Conner
- Esther L. Soder Patton Fund*
- Charles G. “Chuck” Rapp Fund of the Erie Community Foundation*
- Susie Shickler
- Barrett C. Walker Family Fund of the Erie Community Foundation
- Patricia Yahn Fund of the Erie Community Foundation*
As of 11/9/2020