April 6- 7, 2019 | 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The annual Maple Festival is a celebration of a heritage unique to our region. Sugar maple trees are a natural resource found only in the Great Lakes area and Asbury Woods proudly partakes in this tradition each year by tapping trees, collecting and boiling sap into pure maple syrup. The capstone of the tour is a visit to our working Sugar Shack where each year Asbury Woods produces maple syrup from sap collected from trees on our property. The Maple Festival is a chance to pass on those traditions to visitors with tours, demonstrations and living history activities while fostering a deeper understanding and appreciation for how nature has a practical application and impact on our lives. Visitors enjoy a pancake breakfast topped with nothing other than 100% pure maple syrup.
Maple Festival Tickets
Asbury Woods Maple Festival tickets are available at the door. Admission is $5 per person for Asbury Woods members and $7 per person for non-members. Children three years and younger are free.
Presale tickets available now!
Maple Festival Program Details
- Historical Maple Tour: Guided 45-minute tour featuring maple syrup production from Native American times to the present
- Maple Highlight Tour: Guided 15-minute maple tour that is fun for all ages
- Pancake samples with real maple syrup
- Discovery Zone at Asbury Woods: Where kids explore the science and art behind maple production
- Explore maple sap being boiled in the sugar shack
- Live animal shows throughout the weekend
- Maple products for sale from vendors How Sweet It is and Carpenter’s Maple Valley Farm
- Two forums scheduled each day:
- Saturday at 1:00 p.m.: Ask an Arborist with Mark Spitulski, Asbury Woods Certified Arborist and Director of Facilities and Grounds
- Saturday at 2:30 p.m.: Cooking with Different Maple Products with Laura Dengler, owner of How Sweet It Is
- Sunday at 1:00 p.m.: ABCs of Maple Sugaring with Northwest Maple Ambassador Courtney Hess
- Sunday at 2:30 p.m.: Cooking with Different Maple Products with Laura Dengler, owner of How Sweet It Is
Maple Festival Sponsors
Maple Festival is proudly sponsored by the following sponsors: