Drop-in and Discover
Looking for something wild to do? Nature comes alive Saturday mornings at Asbury Woods. Stop in each week for a new hands-on, minds-on, staff-facilitated educational activity that are free and open to the public. Each week will offer a new experience to discover.
Presented by UMPC Health Plan.
11:00 a.m | November
- Nov 2- Winter Recreation – Drop in and learn more about winter adventures, sports, and activities. Visitors will get tips for winter recreation and picking out equipment from Achilles Running Shop, Fish USA, Wilderness Lodge, Competitive Gear, Erie Ski Club and Asbury Woods! This is a unique Drop-in and Discover, scheduled from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. for families to learn all about wintry activities our area has to offer.
- Nov. 9 - Fall Nature Weaves – Collecting grasses sticks, and natural items, we will make some woven nature art.
- Nov. 16 – How Animals Survive Winter –Hand on activities to explore how animals adapt to changing seasons.
- Nov. 23 – Thankful Tree – In preparation for Thanksgiving, we will celebrate the gifts of the natural world.
- Nov. 30 – Apple Engineering – we will use apples to take on some engineering challenges