Drop-in and Discover
Looking for something wild to do? Nature comes alive Saturday mornings at Asbury Woods. Join us for one of two drop-in programs this season.
Stop in each week for a new hands-on, minds-on, staff-facilitated educational activity that are free and open to the public. Each week will offer a new experience to discover.
- May 4: Spring flowers - Learn about the different parts of a sprint flower and what makes them different from other flowers found in other seasons.
- May 11: All about plants - Explore all things that photosynthesize and why they're so important for the rest of life on the planet.
May 18: What lives in a pond? - Many different plants and animals live in this unique ecosystem. Learn all about it with us!
- May 25: Bird beak lab - There are so many different types of bills a bird can have. Learn all about what different birds eat based on their beak shape.
- June 1: No Drop-in program as we host the Into the Woods 5 Miler Trail race
- June 8: Summer Fun - Take advantage of all there is to do in the area when it's warm out. Explore different activities that cant' be done in other seasons.
- June 15: Mystery animal meet and greet - Learn about one of the animals that lives in the exhibit hall inside the Nature Center.
- June 22: Hike like a Naturalist - Go on a short hike with an Asbury Woods naturalist. Learn howto enjoy the woods while respecting the plants and animals that call Asbury Woods home.
- June 29: Why you should care about climate change - Global warming affects everyone. Learn about small changes you can make at home to help make a difference.