Photography at Asbury Woods
There are many beautiful locations in the Erie area to take photographs, but we consider Asbury Woods to be one of the most unique outdoor locations. With a variety of fields, forests, trails, and outbuildings there is something for everyone to enjoy and capture in a photograph.
In the summer of 2016 the Asbury Woods Partnership purchased Asbury Woods from the Millcreek Township School District. During that acquisition the grounds and buildings became privately owned by the Asbury Woods Partnership. In order to keep the grounds and Nature Center open and available for public use we rely on financial support from the community and grounds users like you.
Professional photographers must abide by our new photography policies, but all photographers are encouraged to consider becoming a member of Asbury Woods to help support the non-profit financially.
Amateur photographers are individuals taking photographs for pleasure, of friends or family, and are not being paid by clients. We encourage amateur photographers to capture the beauty of Asbury Woods. There is no fee for amateur photographers at Asbury Woods, but we do ask that all of our photography rules listed below are followed while on the grounds.
Professional Photographers are individuals taking photographs for commercial purposes or for paying clients. As of October 1st 2017, new policies and fees will be in place for all professional photographers using Asbury Woods as a shoot location.
Asbury Woods Professional Photography Policy
To schedule a professional photography shoot
- Call Asbury Woods at 814-835-5356 to ensure the date and time are available, calls should be made at least two weeks in advance of the shoot
- Complete the Asbury Woods Facility Use Agreement Forms available at the Nature Center
- Provide payment based on the fee structure below
Some locations at Asbury Woods are available to rent by the hour. If you would like to reserve a space at Asbury Woods for private use during your photography shoot there is a $25 per hour fee in addition to the $25 or $200 base fee.
All photographers are expected to abide by the following Asbury Woods Photography Rules
- When scheduling a professional photo shoot at Asbury Woods, please call ahead to find out if the grounds are available during that time
- Some of the most popular spots to take photographs at Asbury Woods are also areas that may be rented out, being used for education, or otherwise unavailable for photography at certain times
- Many outdoor spaces at Asbury Woods are rented by the hour. If you intend to be taking photographs in the gazebo, celebration garden, picnic shelter, or amphitheater for one hour or more you must rent that space
- Photography inside of the Nature Center will not be permitted unless the space where the photographs are being taken is rented by the photographer
- Many visitors may be out enjoying Asbury Woods so please be mindful of park and trail courtesies
- Do not block the trails, bridges, or any other spaces where others may need to walk
- Asbury Woods does not allow nude photography on the grounds
- All photographers must follow standard parking guidelines while at Asbury Woods (no parking in the circle or blocking traffic)
- Asbury Woods is an area where plants and wildlife are protected
- Please do not pick flowers, carve into trees, or harm wildlife of any kind, etc
- Please stay on the marked trails
- Asbury Woods has a strict no weapons policy
- While some clients may want to be photographed with their weapons, no weapons of any kind are permitted on Asbury Woods property. This includes guns (loaded or unloaded), hunting bows, large knives, or any other objects the staff may deem to be a weapon
- Please be respectful of Asbury Woods Special Events throughout the year
- Do not disturb the set up or tear down of Asbury Woods Special Events
- Do not disturb or move any displays set up for an Asbury Woods Special Event
- No photographers will be permitted on the grounds 2 hours before the start of an Asbury Woods Special Event and 2 hours after the end of an Asbury Woods Special Event
- Please be respectful of Asbury Woods staff and volunteers
- If an Asbury Woods staff member or volunteer asks you to move or end your photo shoot please comply with their request
We are happy to answer any questions or handle any concerns you may have. Please call us at 814-835-5356.