Staff Highlight: Lucy Mendoza
Posted Sep 28, 2020
Lucy Mendoza joined Asbury Woods as the Visitor Services Associate in February. While you can’t see it under her mask, Lucy is always smiling. She’ll be at the Nature Center on weekends answering questions and running the Squeaky Frog Gift Shop.
We thought it would be fun to get to know Lucy a bit better. Here’s six interesting things about her:
- I love the trails around Asbury Woods. There is always something new to discover and see as the seasons change. I enjoy challenging myself while going on hikes and seeing the wildlife.
- I enjoy nature docuseries. I recently finished watching "Down to Earth with Zac Efron."
- I combine my love of singing and video editing to create song covers on YouTube in my spare time.
- I am a travel fanatic. Any chance to go on a road trip or travel abroad I’m ready to go! The last place I travelled to was Philadelphia for a weekend trip.
- I like helping out with our ambassador animals that live in the exhibit hall.
- My favorite part of my job is learning about all that Asbury woods has to offer our community.
We hope you stop by and say hello to Lucy when visiting the Nature Center on the weekends. The Nature Center is open Saturday and Sunday from 12-5 p.m. Enjoy an educational, self-guided tour and visit the Squeaky Frog Gift Shop for local honey and maple products, beekeeping supplies, and gifts for your nature-loving friends and family.