Guest Experience Internship
Posted Mar 01, 2019
Asbury Woods is seeking enthusiastic, optimistic, customer service-oriented individuals to assist the Marketing and Communications team. The successful candidate will be enrolled full-time in a major university or college and studying fields related to education, marketing, communications, public relations, or hospitality. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of customer service while working for a well-known community-based nonprofit organization. This is a part-time, unpaid internship.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with analyzing customer feedback and providing strategic direction to improve service
- Responding to guests needs and anticipating their unstated ones
- Gain experience with working with the public to ensure a positive guest experience
- Informing guests of activities going on and ways to get involved
- Ability to communicate and work with an audience who is diverse in culture, age, race and abilities in a pleasant, tactful, and enthusiastic manner.
- Ability to be a strong ambassador for Asbury Woods
- Learn how to lead a group on an informal tour of the facility and grounds
- Interpreting exhibits for guests through engaging conversations
- Promoting the value of memberships, events, education programs, and other interactive experiences to guests.
- Assisting the education and marketing teams during programs and events
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program required
- Flexible work schedule
- Hardworking and customer focused
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Adept at taking initiative, working without continuous supervision, and working as a team member.
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- An interest in conservation, environmental education, and/or outdoor recreation a plus
Internship Title: Guest Experience Intern
Reports to: Director of Development and Marketing
Status: Unpaid internship, flexible work schedule to fit credit requirements
Contact: Send resume with three references to: Carissa Snarski, Director of Development & Marketing email@example.com