Drop-in and Discover
Posted Nov 28, 2018
Looking for something wild to do? Nature comes alive Saturday mornings at Asbury Woods. Join us for one of two drop-in programs this season.
Stop in each week for a new hands-on, minds-on, staff-facilitated educational activity that are free and open to the public. Each week will offer a new experience to discover.
- January 5 - Finnegan's Birthday Party
- January 12: What do fish do in winter?
- January 19: Black Bears
- January 26: Winter Birds
- December 1 - Wacky Science
- December 8 - All About Oliver (the rabbit)
- December 15 - Snowflake Science
- December 22 –A Turtle’s Story
- December 29 – Fill the Bill (why do birds have different shaped beaks?)
- November 3 | Animal Track and Signs
- November 10 | How Animals Get Ready for Winter
- November 17 | Camouflage
- November 24 | What Do Bees Do in the Winter?
- October 6 | Discovering what owls eat
- October 13 | Animal tracks and signs
- October 20 | Live animal show
- October 27 | Why do leaves change color?
September 29 | Join us as we learn about vermicomposting
Join us every Saturday at 1:00 p.m. for an Exhibit Hall tour. Learn about the animals inside the Nature Center with an Asbury Woods naturalist volunteer.